Thrivent's donors are changing lives where they find their strongest connections. Through custom donor-advised funds, donors grant to charities at times of their choosing or designate charities or causes to receive automatic annual grants. This grant support is distributed to thousands of charities throughout local, national and global communities.
Going above and beyond to accomplish her dream
Years ago, donor Diane Jaeger and her husband brainstormed a “dream list” of causes they hoped to support financially. Unfortunately, his death from cancer left Diane a young widow at 47, and her priorities changed. But she never forgot that dream. A few years later, Diane received an unexpected inheritance at her sister’s death. While discussing options for the money, her Thrivent financial professional Nathan Mahnke encouraged her to think big.
Family Ties: Giving in memory of Alvin & Marie
As donor Ronnie Schultz grew up on his parents farm in Battle Creek, Iowa–a town of 690–he treasured time with his family. At 18, Ronnie left for Midland University, where he met his wife, Marge. After Ronnie’s parents–Alvin and Marie–passed away, the couple inherited a farm. With Marge by his side, they explored opportunities to incorporate charitable giving into their inheritance.
Giving back with purpose
The thread that runs throughout Gary and Joyce Kallsen’s giving is making sure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive. Their ongoing support to the YMCA and Kinship of Cumberland and Turtle Lake, where they now live in Wisconsin, provides children with pathways to success.
Thrivent's donor services department is here to help make the most of your giving plans.
Contact us to schedule a personal visit or phone review of your charitable fund for any of the following:
- Recommend new grants from your fund, check the status of a grant request, or request that a grant be expedited;
- Create or refine your giving goals;
- Update your Fund Agreement with new beneficiaries, advisors, or contingencies;
- Research charities match with your charitable goals and values;
- Verify charities eligible to receive support from your fund;
- Follow-up with charities on how grant support was used;
- Discuss unique grantmaking scenarios (i.e., international grants); or
- Connect you to a Gift Planner to make additional gifts to your fund.
We’re here to serve you. To speak with a donor service advisor, contact us at 800-365-4172 or email.