We are here to serve you and carry out your giving goals—goals that reflect your life experiences, values, and passions.
The following questions are designed to provide insight into the giving decisions reflected in your fund. Your responses will also help guide Thrivent Charitable and successor advisors should a recommended charity cease to exist or change its mission so that we can carry out your giving intentions far into the future.
In our role as steward, we perform due diligence on all grants we distribute. We believe that learning more about charities and their work leads to more informed and thoughtful giving decisions; and being an informed and thoughtful giver will result in more effective grants to help charities advance their work. To support and encourage donor research, we suggest you to use the resources below to gather information about specific charities you wish to support, and learn more about charitable giving.
Charity Navigator is America's largest evaluator of charities. Their rating system examines two broad areas of a charity's financial health - how responsibly it functions day-to-day, as well as how well positioned it is to sustain its programs over time. Each charity is then awarded an overall rating, ranging from zero to four stars.
With free registration, you can view information on all 1.7 million nonprofits listed with GuideStar; all are formally registered with the IRS or have proven they meet all IRS criteria for exempt organizations.
Our women giving resources serve women who are bold in their faith, generous in their giving and passionate about achieving long-term change. Resources includes scholarships, investments and giving circles.
Create a giving circle: a network of individuals committed to making a difference in our shared community.
Thrivent Charitable's donor services department is here to help make the most of your giving plans.
Contact us to schedule a personal visit or phone review of your charitable fund for any of the following:
- Recommend new grants from your fund, check the status of a grant request, or request that a grant be expedited;
- Create or refine your giving goals;
- Update your fund with new beneficiaries, advisors, or contingencies;
- Research charities match with your charitable goals and values;
- Verify charities eligible to receive support from your fund;
- Follow-up with charities on how grant support was used;
- Discuss unique grantmaking scenarios (i.e., international grants); or
- Connect you to a Gift Planner to make additional gifts to your fund.
We’re here to serve you. To speak with a member of our donor services team, contact us at 800-365-4172 or email.